I just wrote a really long post. but after reading it over im finding it was nothing more than an expression of inner contempt projected onto the world which is unfair because its just my version and its not the truth.
The hardest thing I deal with is deciphering my own shitty feelings from the rest of the world and not pushing them onto anyone else. On the other side, perhaps even harder, is not reacting to other people's problems projected outwards.
I have found that the key is to have a relationship with your reactions and rather than condemn others, understand them. Also, its only until you offer yourself compassion can you actually help anyone. Otherwise, you'll just be stuck unconsciously trying to help yourself by going through other people. This is something that cannot be explained, only experienced I have found.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3ixRqOauq4
Life is incredibly simple and easy. however, the way in which we reach that realization is unfortunately incredibly complicated and painful.
We like to say more than we need and pretend as if "all this" really matters.
its just a ride...its just a ride...human drama is appealing unfortunately...keep checks
Is life easy? For who? My friend you are in India.... it's easy to overcomplicate life, but also easy to oversimplify it.
ReplyDeleteDo you have a release or a trick for when you start to slip into the neurotic hole?
Might be helpful to develop one.
I will continue to undermine everything you say Gerald, GET EXCITED
enlightenement is the easiest thing to do since there is no "you" and therefore no doing. just being present in the moment. what could be easier?
ReplyDeletehowever the path to obtain this realization is painful and incomprehensibly difficult
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIf you perceive the crux of life as existing entirely within your own self conscious awareness...at the end of your life when you die, can you take that awareness with you? Or is it just an anti-materialistic way to find happiness while your still here? There is no right and wrong happiness or existence...life is essentially meaningless, in 100 years, odds are nobody will remember us...so,the trick is just to enjoy it while we are here however we as individuals see fit. For me, its relationships and finding people I can trust. You are one of those people I trust Jerry. You, believe it or not, along with a precious few other individuals give my life some meaning. Granted, I have to be happy with my self in order to gain happiness from shared experiences...and you are right, that is a tough journey. Keep experiencing and start trusting...but most importantly, start enjoying brother. Life's to short not too.
ReplyDelete