This is common. I've heard other people say the same thing as well about planning to try and failing to live up to their own expectations.
Education, fornication, in you are go
Education subjugation, now you're out go
Education fornication, in you are go
Don't be late for school again boy
I think me, I want life
I think me, I want a house and a wife
I want to shimmy-shimmy-shimmy
through the break of dawn yeah
Education, fornication, in you are go
Education subjugation, now you're out go
Education fornication, in you are go
Don't be late for school again girl
I think me, I want life
I think me, I want a house and a wife
I want to shimmy-shimmy-shimmy
through the break of dawn yeah
I think me, I want life
I think me, I want a house and a wife
I want to shimmy-shimmy-shimmy
through the break of dawn yeah
Indoctrination of a nation
Indoctrination of a nation
Subjugation of damnation
Subjugation of damna-
Don't be late for school again boy
Don't be late for school again girl
Don't be late for school again boy
I've taken enough classes at this point to draw some conclusions about my interest, or lack their of, in the academic world. I can't academically apply myself to my full potential.
I'm finally coming to understand how much I truly hate school. I really don't care about the majority of things discussed in the classroom and even when I do, its an epic struggle to complete the readings and write my thoughts down in a formal style. I don't like formality in my writing if you haven't noticed.
I don't know if this has to do with anxiety, emotional problems (both of which certainly play a role in this) or just really not giving a shit about books and paper.
I can't sit still in class. I hate doing academic reading. I hate listening to other people attempt to sound smart and school does nothing but stress me out. can't. hate. hate. stress. anxiety. tension. more hate.
How I've managed to finish two years of college at this point astounds me.
*break for class*
We briefly discuss a person our professor knows who became a sadhu for 15 years when he originally went simply to study them. twisted Ideas slip through the cracks of my decrepit mind.
We then share stories of people we know who went off the deep end and joined cults.
One girl's parents were in a cult right when she was born but then got out of it and religion for good.
After hearing a few of these stories I work up the courage to admit I used to be a catholic.
I take the bus to and from school. I learned today that I'm the only person in the history of the SIT program in Delhi to do this. Ego trip, word up.
Round trip from the program center to my house is 20 rupees (40 cents). Some people who live father away in places such as lagpat nagar (no way i spelled that right..) pay 100 repees EACH way. so they are dropping like 5 bucks a day while im letting go of 40 cents. God I'm awesome. There was a fight on my bus this morning. Some lady took a swing at the money collector on the bus and the two screamed at each other in Hindi for a while. feelshilariousman.
I leave you with some system of a down lyrics to contemplate.
Education subjugation, now you're out go
Education fornication, in you are go
Don't be late for school again boy
I think me, I want life
I think me, I want a house and a wife
I want to shimmy-shimmy-shimmy
through the break of dawn yeah
Education, fornication, in you are go
Education subjugation, now you're out go
Education fornication, in you are go
Don't be late for school again girl
I think me, I want life
I think me, I want a house and a wife
I want to shimmy-shimmy-shimmy
through the break of dawn yeah
I think me, I want life
I think me, I want a house and a wife
I want to shimmy-shimmy-shimmy
through the break of dawn yeah
Indoctrination of a nation
Indoctrination of a nation
Subjugation of damnation
Subjugation of damna-
Don't be late for school again boy
Don't be late for school again girl
Don't be late for school again boy
Don't be late for school again girl go
The bus sounds great. I take the minibus when I'm in SA and people think I'm crazy, but it's fun and there's a lot of poor women who ride it. People are so squished together that no one can move, so it's pretty safe. I also take the regular bus, but it's very tame compared to the bus in India. Your writing is amazing, so I'm glad you don't want to make it more like mine! I love reading your blog. You are a writer, this is what you should be doing. You are already on your path, and school is just a stop along the way. Don't let it get you down. It helped you get to where you are right now, so use it to keep going.
ReplyDeleteno, no, no. you have it all wrong. If you were to ask me exactly who I am I would not feel comfortable or even honest saying, "why, I am a writer, thank you for asking!"
ReplyDeleteNo.
I would respond using the words and facial expressions of dear old charlie manson:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2oZWpqtNi4
Captures the essence of my identity if i had one
Ha, I laughed out loud when I read that it took courage to admit you were once a catholic. Since you made the choice you should feel really good about being able to make a choice!
ReplyDeleteI remember when when I worked in reservations with Honey at United and I could not sit still for four hours and kept asking for a stand up reservation position. And they laughed at me....well guess what, they have them now...it only took 40 years for it to come about.
Hey if you finish collage....you will prove you can finish something, even tho you didn't care to, such is your power for other tough stuff that you will want to finish...like writing books and thoughts from deep within...Love you and go man go ....GiGi