Saturday, September 11, 2010

Asian Toilets



In Asia, people don't use toilet paper (our program house being the exception). Instead, people splash their asses with their left hand and water (so refrain from shaking/eating with your left hand, me, being lefty, break this rule constantly).




today i discovered that the water doesn't come on...even when you go to the bathroom..


shit.


side note: fuck people who say "no pun intended" i dont like that phrase. (i almost wrote it and then realized that I would've had to kick my own ass for doing so).


I've decided for my ISP (independent study project) where we travel alone for a month and write a paper I'm going to complete and track the pilgrimage of Buddha. We actually go to Bodhagaya (where buddha achieved enlightenment under the bodhi tree) as an excursion but i think that doing the whole pilgrimage alone will be something a little extra special and bring more meaning and depth than simply visiting bodhagaya with a group of 18 american students...


3 comments:

  1. I've had a left-handed pen and a left-handed desk, and wished for left-handed spiral notebooks, but I never thought of right-handed bias when it came to toilets. That's a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeek I just don't know how to comment on this...at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get it I have posted comments every day and do not know where they went????????????????

    ReplyDelete