And we made eye contact. He had a noticeable presence and depth to him. It felt as if he looked into my heart on a very deep level and I could feel it. A sensation of "ahh, I understand" sort of came over me. Nothing too overwhelming, it was very subtle but none the less a very clear connection to a deep internal place within myself had occurred. My anxiety and fear put up a strong wall between him and I. But if anyone asked me where truth lies I would tell them confidently from this experience its right inside your heart and when you catch a glimpse of it, its like oh, right, thats kind of obvious. I think its incredibly simple and obvious--this enlightenment business. But I guess that doesn't make it easy...
I don't know. I have a lot of work to do. It was a interesting experience and it made me look at myself so that was a positive. I wished Matt good luck and good bye as he goes back to Delhi and then the United States.
Sidenote that people other than my family won't find interesting: Yesterday I had real french toast at the "Be Happy Cafe" run by a Canadian woman and her Indian husband. The french toast had fresh banana slices on it along with honey and butter (no syrup here). I ate it and enjoyed it. I had that again today along with a large bowl of granola...and believe it or not...tons of fresh fruit, like 7-8 different kinds of fruit sliced into granola and milk. I ate all but a bite or two. I ate more fruit today than I have in the past...hmm...16-17 years maybe? Perhaps even longer than that? I've also consumed a massive assortment of various vegetables and other stuff I would never have touched in America since arriving in India...So, I'm getting somewhere and it seems to be positive.
Keep up the good work Jerry! Sounds like you are having a great experience. Wish you could be here with us in NYC for a few days. Miss you.
ReplyDeleteUncle Bob
yes have an awesome time, i know that will be fun with everyone chilling in the city together...hope it doesn't rain haha
ReplyDeleteOMG.... today the day before Thanksgiving and I am most thankful for the change in your eating habits!!!!! GO TASTE BUDS!!!! This is body and brain food so keep up the good work because your brain is great and now will grow to be grateful and brilliant.
ReplyDeleteLooking into ones heart is good but should not be over done. One must give the heart a chance to open slowly and gently, with love.
My heart loves you .... G